The most asked questions I’ve had this year is “Dupe, Please how do I set up my blog?” and my response will be “oh! It’s very easy. All you have to do is….(then I’ll find myself rambling and the other person gets even more confused!!).
As a lot of you know already, my blogging journey so far has been more of trial and error. I still don’t even know how I ended up here and I recognize that I have a long way to go. But it doesn’t have to be so difficult for you, rather than make the same mistakes I’ve made, why not learn from mine?
I’m going to write a series of blog posts on Blogging and all the opportunities that come with it because if done properly, it can be your full time job it you want it to. To get subsequent posts, all you have to do is subscribe to this blog for free.
Before you start please have these things in mind.
1. Get familiar with blogging terminologies.
2. Most of the tips I would recommend are things I believe will prepare your blog for future success. These tips are what I use and what is working for me. I would not recommend things I haven’t tried, not because they don’t work but simply because I have not tried them (or they have not worked for my own blog).
3. I always advise people to start off designing their blog themselves especially if it is a personal blog. As your traffic grows, you can hand it over to a trusted person or firm.
4. Finally, don’t be nervous it’s not difficult,it only requires constant practice,just like learning to drive 😀
Now that we have a mutual understanding let’s set up your blog for success! The 4 simple steps to take are:
1. Buy your domain name
2. Choose a hosting company
3. Choose your blogging platform
4. Pick a theme and Set up your platform
5. Download plugins and tools you will need
6. Start creating content!!!
To avoid writing a long and boring post, I have written series of posts that I will upload back to back. Please subscribe to this blog to receive them.
If you have any questions, do leave a comment below or better still, contact me directly and I will respond ASAP 😀