Finding purpose is a journey for everyone, unfortunately, not everyone bothers about finding out what their purpose is in life. Some people are more interested in being successful (which unfortunately, they equate to being financially wealthy). I don’t believe that you have to be extremely rich to be successful and thankfully I have come across a lot of people who don’t believe so either. Success to me, means walking in my purpose, doing what God has called me to do and being excellent at it. I have discovered that my purpose can only be found in Christ.
The biggest issue (or what seems to be the biggest issue) that most people face is discovering what their purpose is in life. I have listened to a couple of messages and I am inspired to share some tips with you. If you are out there worried about not knowing your purpose and struggling with “how to find it” then this post is for you.
Here are a few things to note:
1. Your faith : your life is shaped by what you believe In. (Quote By Dr. Mensah Otabil). Also, your life is beyond you as a person. so first of all, you have to choose who you believe is the supreme owner of your life (who do you owe your life to?). I recommend God Alrighty 😉
2. Your gift: Everyone has certain things they enjoy doing better than other things. What do you find yourself drawn to more? It doesn’t have to be something unique or mind blowing. Look out for the simple things you like and work on getting better at them. (it doesn’t happen overnight)
Can anyone else help me define what “Gifts” mean?
3. Your service: recognize the fact that EVERYTHING you have is not yours, it was given to you (1 Corinthians 4 vs 7). It is only wise that you also give back in one way or the other. If you want to be successful, seek to become a person of value (Dr. Myles Monroe). What are you doing to give back to the people around you (your society/community/school/home) ? Are there ways you can use that “simple thing you like doing” to solve a “simple problem around you”?
4. Your growth: What are you doing daily to nurture yourself? Any living thing that doesn’t grow, either dies or gets stale. You need to work on being the best version of yourself everyday, not just physically but emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually.
5. Your mindset: If you have an idea that you think would solve any kind of problem, don’t doubt yourself for what ever reason. God would not have put a dream in your heart, if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it. (Joel Osteen)
6. Your obedience: I just had to add this last point to draw our attention to the fact that obedience is a principle that is sometimes overlooked. Obedience to God, to our family and those in authority is key. You obey what you trust, and you trust what you love. Success is not a pursuit, but a result of obedience to divine and natural laws of life established by the creator (Dr.Myles Monroe)
As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Finding purpose is a journey. To enjoy this journey, you need to be consistent at being your best self and trusting in God.
If you have any other tips please share below.
I love reading your comments, kindly share your thoughts below.